Register to Vote in Time for the Election!
If you have a Colorado Drivers License or ID Card, you can register online
What could be more important? To have a voice in Garfield County, you must vote. You must be 18 to register.
Here's the basics from the Colorado Secretary of State website:
If you have a Colorado State driver's license or ID card issued by the Department of Revenue you may register to vote online at www.GoVoteColorado.com.
If you are already a registered voter in Colorado you may confirm your registration at this website. Once your registration is verified, you may update your address and party affiliation as well.
Printable voter registration forms are also available on the Secretary of State's web site, county clerk and recorder offices, and any federal post office that provides voter registration applications. You may mail, fax, or scan and email your complete and signed form to your county clerk and recorder's office.
You can also register in person by:
Registering at a physical office
- A Colorado Department of Motor Vehicle office when you apply for a driver's license, or update your driver's license information.
- Offices that provide public assistance, including offices that provide state funded programs primarily engaged in providing services to persons with disabilities.
- Recruitment offices of the armed forces of the United States.
- Any federal, state, local government, or nongovernment office that chooses to provide voter registration service or applications.
- A voter service and polling center.
Registering through a voter registration drive
Voter Registration Deadlines
Colorado law allows you to register to vote through Election Day — Nov. 6, 2018 for the fall primary, state and county elections.
If you want to receive a mail-in ballot (from the Colorado Secretary of State website):
- Register to vote or update your voter registration online at www.GoVoteColorado.com through the 8th day before Election day (Oct. 29, 2018).
- Submit an application through the mail, at a voter registration agency, or at a local driver’s license examination facility through the 8th day before Election Day (Oct. 29, 2018)
- Submit an application through a voter registration drive no later than 22 days before Election Day (Oct. 15, 2018)
Are you currently 17-years-old?
You can pre-register in Colorado if you are 16 or older. Once you turn 18, you'll be ready to vote. See details on the Colorado Secretary of State website.